Finding the critical risks that you may have overlooked
We looked at eight well-known banks to uncover their shared risks and ponder ways they can better manage them.
We examined the publicly available Form 10-K filings of eight well-known banks to find out what’s topping their list of risks.
We did the following:
- Selected the largest eight banks from the S&P 500.
- Pulled the 10-K filings for each bank from the SEC’s EDGAR database.
- Reviewed and classified each of the 206 risks into 32 categories using a risk classification system.
We wanted to know:
- Which risk categories appeared on all eight reports?
- Which categories contained the most and least risks?
- How did our findings change when
Risk affects multiple departments within your bank. And each department may have their own way of identifying, scoring and managing risk. This can often result in a lack of transparency, confusion and operational failure. So having one single place, like ACL, to score and manage your risks for the entire organization is key. Using a data-driven risk management technology like the ACL Platform, you can:
- Calculate your risk appetite
- Remove subjectivity by using one common language
- Access libraries of curated strategic, banking-specific risks
- And stay two steps ahead of your competition